Nowadays, for the people who are involved in any kind of project, movies and other video content make the essential part of the information they are working with. Especially this refers to the movies which have been filmed with professional cameras in high quality. Gigabytes and sometimes Terabytes of information can be saved if the films are converted so that the size of files is decreased.
Besides, decreasing the size of a video file is required whenever there is the necessity to share this content in any way: send by mail, copy to the portable memory stick, upload to a blog, website or Youtube, etc.
You will also need to convert a film if you want to watch it on a smartphone, tablet, game console, Apple device, etc. These devices may require certain formats compatible with the installed players and software.
Those who know how to convert videos are aware of the fact that sometimes this process may be time-consuming and the final result will not please a user with its quality.
It is important to know that converting movies has nothing to do with the compressing instruments like 7-zip. For this purpose, special software, a so-called encoder, is required.
Characteristics of a Good Converter
- It shall be easily comprehensible by a user, without the need to pass an additional training course to be able to use the program;
- It has plentiful ready settings which are applicable for most cases whenever converting is required (format for iPhone or Ipad, for instance);
- It converts at a quick speed and without malfunctions.
Which Converters can be Used?
- Movavi Video Converter supports H.265 compression code which reduces the size almost by two without degrading the quality. There is a free version for amateurs like young parents who are trying to film as many valuable moments of their child growth as possible.
- Freemake Video Converter is the software available with no fee, very simple to use, provides the possibility to set a resolution and choose a bitrate.
- Format Factory cannot be used as a full-featured editor in comparison to the previous two programs. However, it possesses the function of increasing the quality of a movie after conversion.
In addition to the set features of a good converting program, all of the above software has the feasibility to upload films to the social networks. Thus, they are perfectly suited to be used by non-expert users and beginners.
To keep the quality of the film received after conversion, it is necessary to properly opt the software which will be applied for the purpose. Before downloading, carefully read description and users’ feedback on the Internet to avoid a long-way search of a program.